S2 can be replaced by one Schottky diode to be in asynchronous mode.
Highlighted components are Nexperia focus products
Products - Signal conditioning
- Point of load non-isolated DC/DC buck converter circuit
- Step-down of voltage while stepping up current
- Easily switch from asynchronous to synchronous buck converter circuit depending on choice of low-side diode or MOSFET
- Economical, two-MOSFET design - low QG(tot) and low FOM for best efficiency
- Lower switch losses improve thermal behaviour
- LFPAK and CFP (both clip-bond package) allow a high-efficiency DCDC converter solutions, while reducing costs (less heating to dissipate)
- Possibility to go to higher switching frequency (FSW), which leads to smaller inductances and smaller capacitors
- Best thermal performance thanks to clip-bonding package
MOSFET and GaN FET Handbook
Drawing on over 20 years’ of experience, the MOSFET and GaN FET Application Handbook: A Power Design Engineer’s Guide brings together a comprehensive set of learning and reference materials relating to the use of MOSFETs and GaN FETs in real world systems.